Business Office Supervisor
Department: Business Office
Reports To: CFO
FLSA Status: Exempt, Non-Union
Responsible for the overall supervision of Business Office functions including cashier/reception, billing, and customer service. Position includes administration of the NISC software system and associated security levels. Prepares, or assists in preparing various required external reports, internal management reports, and regulatory requirements. Performs or oversees all types of accounting related functions including preparing and posting journal entries, accounts payable and accounts receivable processing, payroll processing, bank reconciliations, account analysis.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers and financial records, prepares, and posts journal entries and performs account transaction analysis to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Assists, compiles, and prepares applicable financial information into reports for use by management in assessing financial status of the Company and assists with completion of regulatory filings (taxes, NECA, USF, Tariffs, etc.) and with preparation for the annual audit and cost study.
- Assists management in setting forth goals and initiatives on an annual basis in related to budgets and forecasts, presenting results to management and board of directors.
- Provides insight to staff and management on sales and customer service-related activities, identifying business opportunities and evaluating current processes.
- Payroll processing functions including entering timesheet, printing checks/generating electronic payments, and generating required reports. Complete required tax and other withholding deposits. Also assists in maintaining and updating time sheets to ensure proper coding.
- Prepares monthly CABS processing and reporting and reconciles subsidiary records monthly.
- Serves as the enterprise content management administrator to accurately identify records and records retention per company policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of telecommunication administration functions
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practice.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of management principles, practices, and initiatives.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field and five years of experience in office supervision or leadership positions. Telecommunications experience is highly desirable. Proven telecommunications leadership experience may be substituted for education.
Work schedule is generally 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. Additional time may be required during peak seasons of the Cooperative. Alternative work schedule may be accommodated at the discretion of management.
Drug Free Workplace
InterBel Telephone Cooperative, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug screen will be required upon acceptance of position.
The physical demand of this position is an ability to sit for long periods of time, frequently processing data on personal computer or mobile device. Reasonable accommodations are available and some travel for training may be required.
Please submit your resume to:
In person at: 300 Dewey Ave. Eureka, MT 59917
Application Deadline: August 31, 2021